Lab Safety assists principal investigators in safely managing their labs and research personnel with respect to hazardous materials through periodic consultation, inspections, and training. Additionally, Lab Safety rigorously supports the research groups in achieving compliance with state and federal regulations.
How do I:
- Manage my chemical inventory?
- Store my chemicals safely?
- Transport chemicals across campus safely?
- Obtain information on the controlled substances and precursor chemicals program?
- Prepare for lab inspections?
- Select proper PPE for my work?
- Dispose of hazardous waste properly?
- Enroll in General Lab Safety training?
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Controlled Substances and Precursor Chemicals
- EHS Assistant (EHSA) – Lab management and chemical inventory database
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Chemical Spill Kit Guide Sheet – New
- Controlled Substances Use Authorization (CSUA) – New
- Controlled Substances Recordkeeping & Inventory – New
- Waste Disposal of Controlled Substances
- Cryogen Safety – New
- DEA Registration & Renewal – New
- Eye Protection
- Eye Protection – Splash Hazard – New
- Food and Drink in Laboratories – Updated
- Footwear – PPE
- Hydrogen Fluoride Safety
- Lab Coat Loaner – Updated
- Lab Coat Selection and Laundering Service – Updated
- Lab Decommission – Updated
- Laboratory Security
- New Lab Coat Purchase
- Peroxide Formers
- Phenol Safety – Updated
- PPE at Desk in Laboratory Guide – Updated
- Sharps and Broken Glass Disposal – Updated
- Student Lab Coat Laundering – Updated
- Ultraviolet Radiation – New
- Unattended Hazardous Operations – New