Lab Safety assists principal investigators in safely managing their labs and research personnel with respect to hazardous materials through periodic consultation, inspections, and training. Additionally, Lab Safety rigorously supports the research groups in achieving compliance with state and federal regulations.
How do I:
- Manage my chemical inventory?
- Store my chemicals safely?
- Transport chemicals across campus safely?
- Obtain information on the controlled substances and precursor chemicals program?
- Prepare for lab inspections?
- Select proper PPE for my work?
- Handle a chemical spill?
- Dispose of hazardous waste properly?
- Enroll in General Lab Safety training?
- Annual Safety Refresher
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Controlled Substances and Precursor Chemicals
- EHS Assistant (EHSA) – Lab management and chemical inventory database
- Chemical Abbreviations and Formulas Guide Sheet
- Biological Abbreviations and Formulas Guide Sheet
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)