The Controlled Substances and Precursor Chemicals Program ensures that USC research staff comply with both Federal and State regulations when handling and using controlled substances and precursor chemicals as they teach or conduct research. The Controlled Substances and Precursor Chemicals Program Document is a digest of the program’s requirements.
To use these substances, acquire an individual DEA registration, enroll in USC’s Controlled Substance Use Authorization (CSUA) Program, and follow the requirements for security and storage measures, recordkeeping, handling, usage and disposal outlined in the various links below.
How do I:
- Determine if I am working with a controlled substance or precursor chemical?
- Apply for or renew my DEA registration?
- Enroll in USC’s CSUA Program?
- Complete CS training?
- Properly store and secure my CS?
- Properly maintain my CS and precursor chemical records and inventory?
- Purchase and receive CS through the USC eMarket?
- Purchase and receive precursor chemicals through the USC eMarket?
- Dispose of CS?
- Transfer controlled substances?
- Manage spills?
- Report theft, loss or diversion?
- CS Form A – Controlled Substance Use Authorization Application – Updated; Forms A and A-1 combined
- CS Form B – Controlled Substance Usage & Disposal Log – Updated
- CS Form B-1 – Controlled Substance Dilution Usage & Disposal Log – New
- CS Form C – Controlled Substance Initial and Annual Physical Inventory
- CS Form E – Controlled Substance Transfer – Updated
- CS Form F – Controlled Substance Incident Report – Updated
- CS Form G – Controlled Substance Waste Disposal Request – Updated
- CS Form H – Controlled Substance Inspections – Revised
- Form 222 (Schedule II)