The Controlled Substance and Precursor Chemical Program ensures that USC research staff comply with both Federal and State regulations when handling and using controlled substances and precursor chemicals as they teach or conduct research. To use these substances, acquire an individual DEA registration, enroll in USC’s Controlled Substance Use Authorization (CSUA) Program, and follow the requirements for security and storage measures, recordkeeping, handling, usage and disposal outlined in the various links below.
How do I:
- Determine if I am working with a controlled substance or precursor chemical?
- Apply for or renew my DEA registration?
- Enroll in USC’s CSUA Program?
- Complete CS training?
- Properly store and secure my CS?
- Properly maintain my CS and precursor chemical records and inventory?
- Purchase and receive CS through the USC eMarket?
- Purchase and receive precursor chemicals through the USC eMarket?
- Dispose of CS?
- Transfer controlled substances?
- Manage spills?
- Report theft, loss or diversion?
- CS Form A – Controlled Substance Use Authorization Application
- CS Form A-1 – Controlled Substance Use Authorization And Authorized Users
- CS Form B – Controlled Substance Usage & Disposal Log
- CS Form C – Controlled Substance Annual Physical Inventory
- CS Form E – Controlled Substance Transfer
- CS Form F – Controlled Substance Incident Report
- CS Form G – Controlled Substance Waste Disposal Request
- CS Form I – Controlled Substances Initial Physical Inventory (Coming Soon)
- Form 222 (Schedule II)
- Controlled Substances Use Authorization (CSUA)
- Controlled Substance Purchase Guide Sheet
- Controlled Substances Recordkeeping & Inventory
- Waste Disposal of Controlled Substances
- DEA Registration & Renewal
- Precursor Chemical Purchase Guide Sheet