On this Page
Researchers may refer to the PPE Lab Coat Selection Fact Sheet for information on specific lab coat types. Selection of the appropriate lab coat for hazards encountered in the lab is determined by the Lab Hazard Assessment Tool (LHAT).
EH&S is working with USC Business Services to streamline/convert lab coat ordering to an online process. In the interim, please:
- Use the Lab Coat Order Worksheet to select lab coat type, size, and quantity.
- Complete the LHAT and attach it to the worksheet.
- Email documents to email@example.com for review and approval.
- Route the worksheet to your purchaser to create the order in eMarket once approved by Lab Safety.
NOTE: If lab coats are needed quickly, you may participate in the Lab Coat Loaner Program offered by EH&S (see Borrow a Lab Coat).
The Lab Coat Loaner Program provides research staff and faculty with appropriate lab coats on a temporary basis until permanent lab coats can be purchased and delivered. Additionally, the loaners may be temporarily substituted for damaged or inappropriate lab coat types (e.g., polyester blends) while new ones are ordered. Researchers may use the coats for up to four (4) weeks and request additional time as needed. Loaners are available at UPC and HSC EH&S offices for convenient pick up.
For more information, consult the Lab Coat Loaner Guide Sheet.
Lab Coat Laundering is made available to principal investigators and their respective research groups through a partnership between the university and Medico. Participation in the program is encouraged, but not mandatory.
- Pick Up/Drop Off (PU/DO) locations at UPC and HSC will remain the same. To locate the nearest PU/DO station for your building, refer to:
- Laundering service is scheduled weekly or bi-weekly for labs and lab buildings at UPC (Tuesday) and HSC (Friday). For more information, contact Medico (see below).
- It is recommended to withhold placing soiled coats in the soiled lockers until Medico can RFID-tag all lab coats. This avoids delays getting all your lab coats RFID-chipped and into laundry service.
DO NOT place lab coats without Medico RFID chips in laundry bags or soiled lockers! Without RFID chips, these lab coats may never return from the Medico plant. If you have un-barcoded lab coats or barcoded lab coats that you inherited, follow instructions on the RFID-Tag Lab Coat Guide Sheet to have RFID chips installed with new ownership information.
- Sample Lab Coat Inventory spreadsheet
- PPE Lab Coat Selection Fact Sheet
- Lab Coat Order Worksheet
- Medico Repair Tag
Questions? Please contact:
- Scott Donaldson, Service Manager/Medico – (800) 464-6334, ext 540 or ScottD@medicolinen.com
- Rez Shaik, Area Supervisor/Medico – (213) 749-4433, ext 795 or Rezuan.Shaik@medicolinen.com
- Frank Rosario, Customer Relations Manager/Medico – (800) 464-6334 ext 279 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maynor Hernandez, Director of Customer Service/Medico – (213) 749-4433, ext 270 or email@example.com
- Christopher Steffen, Buyer III/USC Procurement Services – (323) 442-1657 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- EH&S at (323) 442-2200 or email@example.com