A very important resource in USC’s repository is the USC COVID-19 Prevention Program (CPP), designed to control exposures to the SARS-CoV-2 virus that may occur in the workplace. It was prepared in compliance with the Cal/OSHA Emergency Temporary Regulation for COVID-19 Prevention requirements (CCR, Title 8, Section 3205) and correlates with provisions of the university’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- COVID-19 Policy/Program
- Phase 5 Restart
- Health and Hygiene
- General Information
- Learn more about COVID-19 and vaccinations
USC’s vaccination policy – For vaccine information, see:
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ
- USC Keck Coronavirus Vaccine FAQ
- USC Keck Coronavirus Vaccine FAQ (PDF)
- USC COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout Strategy (PDF)
Health, Hygiene, and Safety Training
POP 3.0 Testing – students, faculty, and staff
- Testing for USC Affiliates
- Post-COVID-19 Diagnosis and Recovery
- Instructions: Exposure to COVID-19
- USC Quarantine & Isolation Chart
Phase 5 Restart
- COVID-19 Phase 5 Reopening Guidelines – operational protocols and responsibilities.
- COVID-19 Project Restart Plan General Checklist fillable form – address key areas (e.g., policy, training) during restart.
- Building Readiness Dashboard.
- Building Readiness Dashboard for the USC Community
- Building Readiness Dashboard for Facilities Managers (password protected – contact EH&S)
- Guidelines for Procurement of Plexiglas Partitions – NOTE: Acrylic/Plexiglas partitions not required.
- Custom signage – COVID-19 Custom Sign Order Form.
Guidance and Best Practices
- Guidelines for Safe Use of Restrooms During COVID-19
- Guidelines for Safe Use of Kitchens and Breakrooms
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Plexiglass During COVID-19
- Cleaning and Disinfecting During COVID-19 Guide Sheet
- Food & Drink
- Guidance for Close Contact Research Activities
- Guidance for Close Contact Activities
- BSL-2+ Guidelines for Using SARS-CoV-2 Clinical Specimens
- Transport of Patient Specimens for COVID-19 Research
- Group Travel FAQs
- Guidance documents for travel:
Health and Hygiene
Face Coverings and PPE
- Centralized PPE Procurement & Distribution SOP
- N95 Voluntary Use Request Form – request N95 respirators.
- PPE quick guides and general information:
- Instructional videos for helpful PPE tips and techniques.
- How to Wear and Care for Cloth Face Coverings
- How to Don & Doff a Surgical Mask
- How to Safely Remove Gloves
- How to Don & Doff an N95 Respirator
- COVID-19 Health Alert March 5, 2020
Learn More about COVID-19 and Vaccinations
- Omicron Variant
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH)
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)