USC’s Office of Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) provides a safe and environmentally healthy workplace for students, employees, and the surrounding community. We support the academic research and administrative activities of the university by anticipating potential risks, evaluating safety procedures, and developing new safety procedures and programs.
We reduce and manage risk through the following activities:
- Develop and implement safety policies and programs.
- Administer safety courses and training.
- Publish media that reflects current topics/best practices in safety (see USC Safety Connection).
- Inspect laboratories and facilities for safety.
- Respond rapidly to emergencies.
- Provide operational support to research oversight committees.
- Collaboration with regulatory agencies.
- Provide technical services that identify, evaluate and control potentially hazardous substances and situations.
Our divisions include:
- Hazardous Materials
- Occupational Health
- Industrial Hygiene
- Injury Prevention
- Shop Safety
- Research Safety
- Laboratory Safety
- Controlled Substances
- Radiation Safety
- Laser Safety
University Park Campus
3434 S. Grand Avenue, CAL 120
Los Angeles, CA 90089
Mail Code 2815
Health Sciences Campus
2001 N Soto Street, SBA #329
Los Angeles, CA 90032