USC’s Radiation Safety manages all aspects of radiation related work done at USC campuses and satellite sites. Radiation Safety primarily oversees all the radiation research carried out at USC by issuing radiation permit to investigators, reviewing protocols, conducting safety audit, training faculty and staff on safety standards, waste management, controlling exposure and servicing a liaison between University and regulatory agencies.
How do I:
- Apply for a Radiation Use Authorization (RUA)?
- Attend Radiation Safety Training?
- Order radioactive materials?
- Update my radioactive material inventory?
- Dispose of radioactive material?
- Record radiation contamination surveys?
- Obtain a dosimeter badge and ring?
- Transport radioactive material?
- Register my radiation-producing device?
- Schedule X-Ray Irradiator Time
- Radiation Safety Manual (6MB)
- Radiation Safety in Dental Practice
- Lab Posting
- Radiation Safety Inspection Process Flow Chart
- Radiation Safety Committee
- Commonly Used Isotopes
- EHSA Login
- Fluoroscopy in Research
- Personnel Monitoring Devices – Radiation
- Radioactive Waste Disposal
- Radiation-Producing Devices
- Radioactive Contamination Checks
- Radioactive Material Handling
- Radioactive Material Purchase
- Radioactive Material Transport/Shipment
- Radiation Use Authorization for Radioactive Materials